Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Line Unveiled

  Friday was an observed day of silence by a huge number of bloggers in support of For Japan With Love which is raising funds for the victims of the tsunami in Japan. So with a ton of time on my hands, since this is spring break for me, I sat down with some yarn and ambition to make something to go towards my own fundraising efforts as outlined in this post (if you missed it please check it out).

I know you are holding your breath in excitement to see what is being unveiled in my new "spring line", so I will keep you in suspense no longer. Here it is!

Sakura Tote

I made this purse using the Square Bottomed Bag pattern found on the blog My Yarn Addiction. I had a couple of skeins of white acrylic yarn that had been given to me by a co-worker just lying around. The pattern is super simple and pretty idiot proof, just the thing for a mindless twiddle finger sort of day.

 When I was done I embroidered on the branch in brown yarn that was left over from making a turkey for Thanksgiving. I was going to crochet a branch with some cotton thread and sew it on like an applique, but the Head Design Consultant, Mr.C insisted that the embroidery would look better.


 He was right, it has a nice Japanese watercolor kind of look to it.  Now obviously I'm not done it needs to be lined and I thought I had a couple of purse straps in my box of goodies, turns out I only had one. Mr. C  promised to take to Jo-Ann's today to get a couple.  We have been arguing about whether to use leather straps or wooden handles. Dear readers would you chime in on this one and let me know what you think, leave me a comment!


Oh yes for entertainments sake this is how I blocked this sucker

I finally found a use for those nursing texts!


No comments:

Post a Comment