Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Barbecue!

The Mr and I 
LOVE
a good burger.

So 
we fired up the grill
this 4th weekend and made 
some of the biggest ones
I've seen.

This is what they looked like right
off the grill.
I think they were about 1/2 pound
burgers!

I will tell you Mr.C makes an amazing
burger and this one was to die for!

I couldn't wait for the camera,
I had to take a bite!

Want the recipe?
Here ya go!

Mr. C's Awesome Angus Burgers
1 pound Angus Ground Beef
(This is a must! No subbing for regular!)

1 head of roasted garlic 
(If you don't know how to do this I've provided instructions below)

1 - 2 Tablespoons of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce (again don't sub!)

Your favorite BBQ Sauce
-----------------------------------------------

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, use your fingers to mash the garlic into the meat and distribute it well. 

Divide into 2 patties roughly 1/2 inch thick and bigger than your bun.(the burger will shrink during grilling)

Brush with BBQ Sauce and grill to your preferred level of done. 
Mr.C suggests no more than medium well. 

Grill these guys to your taste
and maybe add some hot dogs!

I know most recipes insist on adding bread
to keep the burger from drying out. 
But I swear these were the juiciest
burgers I have ever had.

Oh yes...
and for the 
Roasted Garlic.

1. Drizzle entire head of garlic with olive oil 
(yes leave the skin on)

2. Wrap the garlic in aluminium foil

3. Put on the grill or in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes or 
until the garlic is golden and soft.

4. Allow to cool and remove garlic from skins

Roasted garlic will keep in a container in the fridge for weeks without going off. I usually do up 2-3 heads and store what I don't use for later.

Hope everyone has a great 
July 4th!




No comments:

Post a Comment