Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh Yes I Did!!

  I had a presentation to give to my clinical instructor and classmates about pressure ulcers and how to stage them. So what does this over achieving nerd do? Build a model using nothing more than a slightly damp kitchen sponge, some magic markers and white glue. Not bad if I do say so myself!

What do you think?



Here's the whole thing all assembled with the layers of skin neatly labeled. 

A stage 1 pressure ulcer presents as a red spot on the skin that does not blanch when pressed.



Stage two is looks like a blister or an abrasion of the skin


Stage 3 is a crater that now extends into the fatty tissue


Stage 4 the wound now extends into the muscle tissue and possibly bone


So there! I used my crafting super powers to educate my classmates and you dear reader on a very important nursing topic.  Now what the heck do I do with this sponge?


No comments:

Post a Comment