Sunday, September 18, 2011

Banana Nut Muffins

I hate bananas.
OK, that's harsh,
but I really can't say that I 
enjoy munching on one straight out
of the peel.

So, 
bananas in my house tend to 
go black pretty fast.

Oddly, 
I love banana muffins.
So the bananas never go to waste.
Here's the recipe I have perfected over the 
years of trying recipe after recipe.
These muffins are sweet and full of nuts,
perfect first thing in the morning with a
big cup of coffee!


Kitty's Banana Nut Muffins

  • 4 big bananas (black)
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup walnut pieces
  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mash bananas in a big bowl with sugar(brown and white), butter vanilla and egg. 
  • In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  • Add dry ingredients to banana mash mixture and stir gently to combine.
  • Add walnuts and chocolate chips.
  • Grease muffin tins well (or use muffin cups).Fill muffin tins 3/4 full
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the tin for about 20 minutes, run a knife around the edges and remove.
Tip: I use an ice cream scoop to fill my muffin tins. One scoop per tin seems to be the perfect amount and it cuts down on the mess!

If you do not use the chocolate chips I suggest you add 1/4 cup of brown sugar without the chocolate the muffin is a little less sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment