I hate bananas.
OK, that's harsh,
but I really can't say that I
enjoy munching on one straight out
of the peel.
bananas in my house tend to
go black pretty fast.
I love banana muffins.
So the bananas never go to waste.
Here's the recipe I have perfected over the
years of trying recipe after recipe.
These muffins are sweet and full of nuts,
perfect first thing in the morning with a
big cup of coffee!
Kitty's Banana Nut Muffins
- 4 big bananas (black)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a big bowl with sugar(brown and white), butter vanilla and egg.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mash mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease muffin tins well (or use muffin cups).Fill muffin tins 3/4 full
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the tin for about 20 minutes, run a knife around the edges and remove.
If you do not use the chocolate chips I suggest you add 1/4 cup of brown sugar without the chocolate the muffin is a little less sweet.