Sunday, September 4, 2011

Making Flowers with Fire

I found this tutorial
for making burnt ribbon
flowers


Source: mayarts.com via Kitty on Pinterest




I just loved the look of these flowers 
So, I gave them a try.


Warning!
This is NOT
a child friendly craft
as it involves open flames.


I used a synthetic satin-like material 
I found in the odds and ends bin at some
fabric shop that has been collecting dust.


I also found some wide silver ribbon 
and gave that a try too.

When "burning" your fabric
be careful of the melty ends,
they are very hot and stick to the skin!

Now that I have a bunch of flowers 
I naturally needed something to do with them.
I crocheted a choker, 
sewed the flowers into place,
and added a lobster clasp and
extension chain.

Voila!
Instant pretty!







No comments:

Post a Comment