Monday, May 9, 2011

Pearls and Roses

While I am not a mother (no, there is no "yet" in that statement either) I seemed to be inspired by Mothers Day this weekend. I found these pretty fresh water pearls in a soft pink and could't resist playing with them.
I love the irregular shapes 
Pearls to me always says "Mom" to me. Both my grandmothers and my Mom had a classic string of white pearls they would pull out for special occasions like weddings. 

I have my own "special occasion" pearls now, 
thanks to my little bro who picked out this gorgeous strand for me in Japan. 

My "special occasion" pearls
 But,
 I wanted some pearls that were less dressed up and formal, but still feminine and pretty. Something I could wear with a summer dress or to dress up my jeans, cardi and cami uniform. 
This is what I came up with.

Shabby Chic Pearls

I think the irregular shape of these pearls give them a more relaxed feeling. The pink makes it fun and girlie, and they are pearls, you can't help but feel like a lady in them!

Oh yes!
I finally found that spool of red thread I knew I had bought hiding in a corner of my closet, so I made another rose comb.
Red Rose Comb

I can't seem to keep these listed on Etsy, as soon as one goes up it sells. Guess I shouldn't complain

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment